Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Long time no see...

Hello friends! It has been a while since my last blog entry, but you’ll be happy to know that Habitat for Humanity of Orange County has been full of activity for the past couple of months. We are currently getting ready for the dedication of 18 homes, part of the Habitat for Heroes and Foundations for Families™ pilot program in San Juan Capistrano. Local families will receive the keys to their homes and attain the American dream of homeownership. Thank you to all the donors and volunteers who have helped at this site. I'll share photos with you in my next entry for your enjoyment, but here is a little taste of what the site looks like.

I'm also preparing for the Everest Build in Nepal with Habitat for Humanity International. Our goal is to build 30 homes in one week. I am overwhelmed with excitement and am happy I'll be able to share this experience with my dear friend, Adelle Yeaton, a long time Habitat OC volunteer, and over 250 international volunteers. Adelle and I will be writing blog entries and sharing photos with you as we travel and build. In the meantime, feel free to share any tips you may have about visiting Nepal. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment