Monday, November 21, 2011

Back home from Cambodia

I have returned from my Global Village trip to Cambodia and am full of joy. On Friday, we finished with the build and ended the day with a home dedication. Home dedications are always one of the most amazing Habitat for Humanity events. At a home dedication you get to witness the family receiving the key to their home and the excitement it brings them to become homeowners. It is truly an incredible thing to see.

The home Adelle and I helped build was for a family of four: mom, dad, and two daughters. Both parents are orphans, so having a home built for them is a dream come true. I was lucky enough to see the family walk into their completed home for the first time and it was incredible. The little girls were excited to no longer have to live on a dumpsite. Can you imagine having to live on a dumpsite? I'm happy Habitat for Humanity was able to help them move off the dumpsite and is giving all of the families the tools to succeed in their new homes. If you would like to learn more about my trip, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sharon
Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
ExecutiveDirector@HabitatOC.org

No comments:

Post a Comment